What are the best dental appliance for sleep apnea?

In brief: No best

My practice is limited to dental sleep medicine and I have found there is no best appliance.
Each has advantages and disadvantages. The best thing to do is to work with a dentist with lots of experience in this field and have them work with you to select an appliance that best fits your mouth. Many, but not all of those dentists are certified by the american board of dental sleep medicine.

In brief: No best

Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dr. John Calvert
Dentistry

In brief: Sleep Apnea

There are several types of oral appliances for sleep apnea depending on what the dentist uses.
First it is extremely important to use a dentist that has special training in sleep apnea. Most of these appliances position the lower jaw slightly forward of the closed position, which keeps the airway open. It is important to use an appliance that is adjustable. I recommend and use the ema appliance.

In brief: Sleep Apnea

Dr. John Calvert
Dr. John Calvert
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology