Is it normal to have inverted nipples or is it considered a disorder or malformation?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me help you

An inverted nipple is a condition where the nipple, instead of pointing outward, is retracted into the breast.
In some cases, the nipple will be temporarily protruded if stimulated, but in others, the inversion remains regardless of stimulus. Women and men can have inverted nipples.Around 10-20% of all women are born with this condition could be congenital, our acquired.

In brief: Let me help you

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
On the other hand, if a usually everted nipple becomes inverted, it is time for an exam and mammography.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham