Interstitial cystitis, newly diagnosed. Pain is so bad? How do you make it go away as fast as possible?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology

In brief: Pain management

I tell my patients that this is a process.
With appropriate treatment i tell my patients that i would expect at least 50% decrease in your pain in about six – 12 weeks. I usually do bladder instillation every two weeks, followed by or in conjunction with Elmiron (pentosan) and Hydroxyzine daily.

In brief: Pain management

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Earle Pescatore
I tell my patient the same thing. Dietary changes may also be helpful. Pelvic floor rehabilitation may be helpful for people with concurrent pelvic floor dysfunction that may be the result of a viscera-somatice reflex.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology

In brief: Several options.

Elmiron (pentosan) can take several months to be effective for the treatment of interstitial cystitis.
Bladder installation therapy can provide much quicker results. This is a good treatment option while you are waiting on the effects of the medicine to take place. There are other faster acting medications that may be appropriate depending on your specific symptoms.

In brief: Several options.

Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Vicken Poochikian