Ingrown toe nail slight swelling? Do I soak it in hot water an hour?

Not for an hour. And not in hot water. Soak in luke warm water and epsom salts for 15 minutes, cover with a bandaid, and see your podiatrist for a permanent solution as soon as possible.
No. Luke warm water.Have it check out.
No. This is not going to make the underlying problem go away which is an incurvation of the nail plate. In addition, you want to be cautious that you don't cause any thermal injury to the foot. See a physician, such as a podiatrist, that can evaluate the ingrown and determine what procedure might be indicated for you.