Had CT scan w/o contrast of kidneys to check for kidney stones and it came back normal. Would tumors and cysts also have shown up on the CT scan i had?

In brief: Yes but

Kidney tumors and cysts will show on a non-contast CT scan.
However if there is a hyperdense cyst(due to hemorrhagic proteinaceous material in it) it cannot be distinguished from tumor without contrast. When contrast is given,a tumor will enhance(it will appear white)but a cyst will not enhance.I don't think you need to worry about tumor at age 33.Extremely rare.I'm glad you had no stones.

In brief: Yes but

Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels

Ct scan of the kidneys with IV contrast is the procedure of choice for evaluating renal masses: cysts and tumors (benign and malignant).
Renal ultrasound and MRI also used.

Renal ultrasound and MRI also used.
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Dr. Donald Colantino

Ct scans should detect tumors and cysts of the kidneys.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine