What are the best shoes for plantar fasciitis?

In brief: See below

You need shoes with a good innersole support system. New balance does a good job as well as brooks.
You need to find what feels good to you. Often times its not the shoe but a needed orthotic for support.

In brief: See below

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Most mass-market shoes have minimal arch support as they are more costly to produce and can feel odd to the general consumer. Consider visiting a shoe retailer that focusses on special situations. These are not exactly the same as orthotic shoe dispensers, which fill specific shoe prescriptions. As stated, good arch support is key, tho' it can feel odd to you at first. Just give it some time.
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology

In brief: It varies.

Each person is a little different, and shoes are the same.
If you find a pair that helps you during the day, then those are the best for you.

In brief: It varies.

Dr. Peter Nefcy
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Dr. Randy Bernstein
I find that shoes with good heel counters control abnormal heel motion , thus decreasing pronation stabilizing the plantar fascia. Also I recommend bio mechanically controlling orthotics devices. There are many quality shoes, but I recommend New Balance and Brooks.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine