Could laser tattoo removal cause cancer?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: So far no

The immune system eats at your ink and if you look at your nodes they will have tiny flecks of ink in them. Tattoos have been around thousands of years no notable cancers.
Lasers break up the ink into small particles ad speed up the immune process. There is no proof tht the inc load causes cancer however some speculation a to yellow ink causing some cellular chage.

In brief: So far no

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Pathology

In brief: No

The things that really cause cancer (tobacco, sunlight, ionizing radiation, the really dangerous chemicals) mutate genes.
Nothing involved in laser tattoo removal will do this. I'm sorry you're unhappy with your body art and hope you can get it fixed up effectively.

In brief: No