How long is the recovery time for my cataract surgery, and how soon can I swim?

2 weeks. Assuming uncomplicated surgery, most surgeons would advise that you avoid submerging your head in water for about 2 weeks after the surgery. The full healing time can be around 6-8 weeks but 90% of it occurs within the first 7-10 days.
Cataract surgery. Vision should be significantly better in 1-2 days but stabilizes over 1-2 weeks. Most patients get their prescription checked at 1month postop. You should not submerge your head under water for at least 2 weeks after surgery. Be sure to ask your surgeon prior to resuming swimming.
Quick. Recovery is days to weeks. I feel you should not swim for 30 days after surgery. Even though sooner may be fine, why chance it? For blindness.