How do I slow down my male pattern baldness?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice

In brief: Medications

Minoxidil and Propecia (finasteride) are two fda approved medical treatments for male pattern baldness.
New research suggesting the involvement of the prostaglandin d receptor in the development of this condition suggest that inhibitors to this receptor may also be effective.

In brief: Medications

Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. John Feola

In brief: ALOPECIA TX

Alopecia or hair loss may be multifaceted .
You need full Exam &lab work up especially Vit d/Thyroid studies /TESTOSTERONE/ b12 and folate. If they are normal start high dose Biotin zinc B12 and folic acid.. Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia may be helpful. If there is no improvement consult dermatology for biopsy to rule out auto-immune ALOPECIA AERATA.. With supplements start low and go slow.

In brief: ALOPECIA TX

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola