How do I get rid of my 6 month old's nose congestion problem?

Dr. Craig Uhl

In brief: Several options

Before six months of age, bulb syringe and saline good choice.
Also, cool mist humidifiers, especially at use during sleep may be helpful. After six months of age, I have prescribed zyrtec (cetirizine) with good results. Talk to your pediatrician for help in this regard.

In brief: Several options

Dr. Craig Uhl
Dr. Craig Uhl
Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: Nasal Congestion

For infants we use bulb syringe to relieve nasal congestion by occasional suction of the secretion.
Sometimes saline drops helps.

In brief: Nasal Congestion

Sometimes saline drops helps.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: Nasal wash

At 6mo the primary cause of congestion and cough is the environment.
House dust, fragrance, perfumes and cleaning products all leave scents that irritate a babies nose. A good nasal clean out with saline can remove much of this irritant load, but removing the offending irritants helps more in the long run.Air particle filters can also help.

In brief: Nasal wash

Dr. Cindy Juster