Can my child get a lung infection from mrsa?

Yes. If an individual has mrsa, it can get into the lung, where it will cause pneumonia. This scenario is more likely to occur in individuals who are more susceptible to pneumonia, such as those with asthma, diabetes, or copd, but can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, it can also be nosocomial, meaning it was acquired during a stay in the hospital for something else.
Not usually. Achild can get bronchitis as part of an MRSA repiratory infection, but is not likely to get pneumonia, unless there is underlying asthma, or immune disease.
Yes. Staph aureus may infect lung tissue either through a process of aspiration of the organism or extension to lung through the bloodstream or by direct penetrance or by extension of infection from an adjacent site. This is very uncommon in children, assuming that they have no underlying predisposing conditions.