How can I lessen the my keratosis pilaris?

Keratosis pilaris. Medicated creams containing alpha-hydroxy, lactic or salicylic acid or urea moisturize and soften dry skin while helping to loosen and remove dead skin cells. Depending on their strength, certain creams are available over-the-counter and others require a prescription. Your doctor can advise you on the best option for your skin.Cerave® sa renewing lotion exfoliates, smoothes and softens it is otc.
Lotion; steroid. Keratosis pilaris is a common, benign condition. Treatment may include: moisturizing lotions to soothe the skin and help it look better; skin creams that contain urea, lactic acid, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, tretinoin, or vitamin d; steroid creams to reduce redness. Improvement often takes months and the bumps are likely to come back.