What can I do to reduce the pain I suffer due to my period I need to make the pain bearable so I can finish up school work that I've had to put off?

Motrin and/ or OCPs. Cramps are cause by the release of compounds your body produce called prostaglandins. Prostaglandins production is reduced with the use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (nsaids). Nsaids available without a rx include Motrin (ibuprofen), (aleve) Naproxen & midol. For best results, start your pain medication 1-2 days before the onset of bleeding & continue on a schedule. Your md may add ocps.
Few options.. Some cramping is expected/common but unfortunately for many people, this can be quite bothersome. U may try some meds such as Motrin (600-800mg) 3x/day or Aleve 2-3tabs/2x/day for few days during the period, preferrably starting the day before. If this is not adequate, consult doc because "the pills" will likely of much help. Sometimes, u may need both. The Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud can help too.. Good luck..