When after d&c should I expect ovulating and first period?

Dr. Kevin Howell

In brief: 4-5 weeks

After a D&C your body should be able to correct itself and you should ovulate within about 2-3 weeks and therefore have your next period in 4 to 5 weeks after the procedure.

In brief: 4-5 weeks

Dr. Kevin Howell
Dr. Kevin Howell
Dr. Stephen Sudler

In brief: It depends

If your d & c was for a miscarriage, then if you had regular cycles before you became pregnant, they will usually resume about 4 to 6 weeks after your miscarriage (d&c).
My condolences for your loss. If the procedure was for dysfunctional uterine bleeding then it could be as soon as two weeks or longer depending on your cycles.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Stephen Sudler
Dr. Stephen Sudler

In brief: Depends

If the D&C was done for problems not related to pregnancy, it should have little effect on when you ovulate, although your first period afterwards may be a little abnormal.
If it was done for pregnancy related reasons, you will typically have a period 4-6 weeks later, and ovulate 2 weeks before that.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Adam Levy