How do I know if I have mitral valve stenosis..Please help!?

Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Echocardiogram

People with mitral stenosis have a diastolic murmur (typically) and may have signs of left atrial hypertension (cough, shortness of breath, dyspnea on exertion.
) the best test to reliably rule in or rule out mitral stenosis is an echocardiogram.

In brief: Echocardiogram

Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: See your PMD

I don't know why you are specifically worried about mitral stenosis, however, if you have reason to suspect it such as history of rheumatic heart disease, then see your pmd who will check you for murmurs and, if any clinical suspicion, then will refer you to a cardiologist.
Or if you can just see a cardiologist from the get go. Good luck.

In brief: See your PMD

Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Dr. Fuad Kiblawi