How would I get rid of a scratchy throat?

Scratchy Throat. Consider making tea with 2 tsp of marshmallow root bark per 1cup of hot water (steep in a covered pot for at least 5 minutes). Drink several times a day or as needed to relieve throat pain. Consider adding 2 tsp of slippery elm bark to 1 cup of hot water (steep for at least 5 minutes in a covered teapot). Drink this as needed to relieve pain or a few times per day. See below.
A few things... Having a scratchy or sore throat during a cold or allergies is not too fun. Try warm salt water gargles, honey, meds like Ibuprofen also help. Things i'd avoid when you have a sore throat: gargling with listerine, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol (tequilas, vodka, wines... Aka anything fun). I only mention this because i've had patients tell me they've tried gargling with these things. Good luck!