What can it be I had a pap smear and came back abnormal stage 3 in change of cells also I had trich now I have colposcopy what can this be? Std cancer

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Need colpo results
A pap smear is a test for cervical cancer.
Trichomonas is an infection, which wouldn't cause stage 3 changes in the cervix. Colposcopy is when a doctor looks at the cervix with a microscope, using a medication to make any abnormal areas stand out. If the dr. Sees an abnormality, they may to a biopsy where they take a sample of tissue. Only after the colposcopy and biopsy will you have a diagnosis.

In brief: Need colpo results
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Speak with your doc
Hello lulu9. It does not sound like you have an invasive cervical cancer, but if coloposcopy has been recommended, this will further evaluate for the possibility of cancer. You need to discuss these results with your gynecologist.
Std can be evaluated with appropriate cultures.

In brief: Speak with your doc
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
In brief: Depends
Cervical cancer in 70 % of cases is positive for high risk hpv strains.
I dont think you have cancer. Just have the colposcopy done and after it you ll know exactly what you need to do.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Vicken Poochikian