I have lupus and have had the shingles twice in 4 years. Are there any precautions I can take to prevent?

Dr. Joseph Duvall
Dermatology
In brief: Zoster or simplex
You should see a doctor and confirm if you have shingles(herpes zoster) or a fever blister(herpes simplex).
If you have had shingles it is unlikely it will continue to recur. Having the disease is like being vaccinated and is generally protective. There are oral medications that can be taken to prevent a recurrence.

In brief: Zoster or simplex
Dr. Joseph Duvall
Dr. Joseph Duvall
Dr. Philip Miller
appears to be zoster ( shingles) following a cervical dermatome. Get a viral culture and early aggressive therapy.
Dr. Philip Miller
In brief: Shingles/zoster
appears to be zoster ( shingles) following a cervical dermatome.
Get a viral culture and early aggressive therapy.

In brief: Shingles/zoster
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Vikram Patel