Tell me about blood clot in the lung?

PE Pulmonary Embolus. A blood clot in the lung is called a Pulmonary Embolism or PE. This is when a blood clot breaks off from a deep vein [ a DVT ] elsewhere in the body and goes to the [embolizes] lung. You need a CT scan [ or VQ scan] of your chest to check for a blood clot in your lung.