Are parasites useful in treating autoimmune disease? I saw recent work which indicated there might be some possibilities with Crohn's disease.

Probably Not. The work comes after a breakthrough in 2009 when prof. Eric denkers, immunology, and a research associate, charlotte egan, discovered that mice infected with the parasite taxoplasma gondii presented symptoms similar to those found in human patients with crohn’s disease. Denkers’ lab began using toxoplasma-infected mice as an animal model for crohn's.