I have all the signs and symptoms of melanoma. I am in the process of getting health insurance. Should I wait until approved or go to the er?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: See your doc

If you are worried about a possible skin lesion being melanoma, you should see your friendly dermatologist as soon as possible.

In brief: See your doc

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Mandakini Patel
dont go to ER for this. They cannot do skin biopsy there
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Tough situation

It depends when your insurance will start.
If it is a few days, it is likely ok to wait. Melanoma is not usually a medical emergency, but if there is spread to the brain, spinal cord, or intestines, this can be serious. If you are having headaches, numbness or tingling of a limb, or blood in your stool, you absolutely need to be seen in the er.

In brief: Tough situation

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: SIGNS SYMPTOMS MELAN

You have to explain what symptoms and signs you have.
And er is not the place to go if you do have melanoma.If you suspect you have melanoma then you should se a dermatologist to confirm your fear.Melanoma.

In brief: SIGNS SYMPTOMS MELAN

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine