I just moved into a new house and i'm having an allergic reaction. I have hives all over my body. What should I do?

Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
In brief: Take Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
Hives can result for exposure to allergens and they can be treated with antihistamines wih or withou steroids.
If notice this occurs only in your new home you may be able find the cause. An allergist may be able to help you to find the cause. Once the cause is known then you may be able to get your landlord to help eliminate the cause. For the most part the true cause of hives may not be found.

Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Vicken Poochikian