I have cancer am I more likely to get pseudomonas aeruginosa?

In brief: Probably not
When you have cancer, your immune system is compromised or lower, and this means you are more susceptible to developing an infection.
However, it is not specifically to pseudomonas species per se. But, in general, you need to know the cancer type and what the treatment is, since some treatments (like chemotherapy), also decrease your ability to fight off infections effectively.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: It depends...
...On the type of the cancer, the treatment being given, and any side effects of the cancer or treatment.
An isolated melanoma that is removed, for example, does not increase the risk of bacterial infections like pseudomonas. On the other hand, a patient with lung cancer requiring significant chemotherapy that weakens the immune system is more likely to get a secondary pseudomonas infection.

In brief: It depends...
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Joshua Davidson