My husband  is 54 needs to lose 30 to 40 bl's  what would be a good diet?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Good diet

You can't beat the basics.
Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables a day. Limit meat to lean meat with portions about the size of a deck of cards. Eat plenty of grains. While trying to lose weight, supplementing with a multivitamin daily is a good idea. The rest of the weight loss will happen with a slowly progressive but steady exercise program. There is nothing better.

In brief: Good diet

You can't beat the basics.
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Yash Khanna
Good advice but i will add stop drinking sodas,too much beer,limit quantity of fruit juices,stop all sorces of simple sugars like sucrose,glucose and fructose and limit the amont of carbs in your dietAnd calculate the total amount of calories you consume daily and exercise as long as you are medically cleared by your doctor to exercise.In simple words change your lifestyle & eating habits goodluck
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: KISS

Keep it simple smart.
Write everything you eat for 3 days (i mean everything), then look at it. I am sure you'll be able to scratch out several things from your food diary. Now, proper eating is a process. It depends on time. It is a slow process. There are dieticians, jeny craig, weight watcher etc. What you do depends on what you like. Start w/ small steps as i mentioned above then evolve plan.

In brief: KISS

Keep it simple smart.
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Vicken Poochikian