I am switching birth control brands at the end of this pack but I was wondering if I could skip the sugar pills to skip my period. Is that safe to do?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Skipping pills
For a cycle or two, you would probably have no problem skipping the inert pills in a 28-day pack.
Over the long-term, however, if you skipped all your periods, you would get an excessive build-up of the lining of your uterus, and this in turn would lead to heavy bleeding episodes. Nature's way is best. Your uterus needs the rest and restoration it gets during your period.

In brief: Skipping pills
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: SKIPPING SUGAR PILL
Yes iot is safe as long as you restart your next pack 7 days after you stop the sygar pill.
So you have to remind yourself when next pack has to start.

In brief: SKIPPING SUGAR PILL
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jonathan Jassey