Can I pick up foot infection at airport checkin if I forget to wear sox?

In brief: Possibly

Simple math dictates the more people in a confined area, the more germs are present.
With the thousands of people going through airport security lines daily, there is definitely a high likelihood of large numbers of bacteria and fungi present. We disinfect our treatment chairs after every patient. I've never seen tsa using spray disinfectant.... I'd wear socks and wash hands frequently.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger

In brief: Slightly possible

If you happen to have a cut in the skin on the bottom of your foot there is a slight chance you could get an infection.

In brief: Slightly possible

Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Dr. Tharesh Udupa

In brief: No

It has never been reported.

In brief: No

It has never been reported.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil