Allergy rhinitis for eyes. I was given a choice of ither patanol (olopatadine) or zaditen, which do you recommend?

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Eye allergy

For the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis, both Patanol (olopatadine) (a prescription eye drop) and zaditor (ketotifen) which is now otc are effective for relief.
Both are prescribed twice a day. Neither burns as much as some others. Ketotifen which is available as alaway is significantly cheaper (unless insurance will pay for the patanol). I've had patients experience relief with both.

In brief: Eye allergy

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine