What do I do if my little boy walks around holding his penis at 3?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Gently discourage

This is not abnormal behavior.
The penis may be rubbing on his clothing & with irritation, he touches it. He may be stimulated otherwise. Gently discourage this with the least of admonishment & try to talk to him about not doing this when it public. Don't make a big issue out of it. It could cause more harm than good. Certainly don't embarrass him. A good thing would be to pick him up/hug him.

In brief: Gently discourage

This is not abnormal behavior.
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: This is normal

It feels good to him. Tell him it's ok when he is alone but is not a nice thing to do in company.

In brief: This is normal

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jonathan Jassey