Should dads coach pee wee sports?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Depends on the dad
I coached all my kids in several sports.
It was fun for me and, at least they say now, it was fun for them. They now appreciate the effort and time commitment involved. To be a good coach at the pee wee level, you have to have the right priorities. Having the kids learn the skills, develop a love for the sport and learn good sportsmanship and the need for teamwork is key. Dr l.

In brief: Depends on the dad
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Maybe, maybe not!
There are both downsides and upsides.
Feeling you have to please a parent is tough, especially if expectations are unreasonable. Certainly the issue of favoritism over teammates will weigh in. But thatbeing said, I have seen it done, well and professionally, but it is difficult to strike a balance.

In brief: Maybe, maybe not!
There are both downsides and upsides.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Keegan Duchicela