Could silver filling be replaced with white filling?

Yes. Yes, silver fillings can be replaced by white composite resin fillings. However, some amalgam fillings that extend under the gums might be harder to restore with the composite resins due to the amount of fluid and saliva that could contaminate the site on the tooth into which the composite resin will be placed, thereby reducing the effectiveness and long term survival of the filling.
Absolutely. however sometimes, not all , the silver filling is so large , that once removed, hence making the hole slightly larger, may be better served with a laboratory processed restoration, ie crown , onlay. best to be discussed with your dentist.
Amalgam replacement. This is a common request and one that can be fulfilled in most cases. However, every type of restoration had advantages, disadvantages and indications. Simply have your own dentist evaluate the tooth or teeth in question and advise you as what would be best in each case.
Absolutely. If that is what you would like, speak to your dentist...
Of course. The advantages of choosing a composite filling include a more natural appearance, frequently a strengthening of the filled tooth, and a bonding of the filling to the tooth creating a better seal.