When should you take your child to psychologist if you suspect underperforming?

Dr. Sarah Helfand
In brief: School age
If you suspect you have an under-performing child in school, it is reasonable for them to be evaluated by a psychologist.
However, there are things you may want to do first, like talk to the child's teacher(s) and talk to your pediatrician. They can give you guidance and possibly save you some money.

In brief: School age
Dr. Sarah Helfand
Dr. Sarah Helfand
Dr. Mason Gomberg
In brief: School underperform
Prior to taking my child to a psychologist, i would speak to their teacher and ask if there are any simple things to do first i.
E moving a seat closer to the front, checking hearing and vision, and asking the school district if they do psychoeducational testing(to check for a learning issue, addh, or a psychological issue) after done you would need a professional who tests for educational issues.

In brief: School underperform
Dr. Mason Gomberg
Dr. Mason Gomberg
Dr. Jonathan Jassey