Having pain in the front/ side of my left knee. When i lift my leg it feels like my knee joint is separated. I have to lift left leg with right leg?

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Have you had any in-

Jury to it, as from the sound of it, you might have a disrupted extensor tendon complex of the knee (either quads muscle/tendon or the patellar tendon or a fracture of the patella), whereby the leg feels "separated" as you described it.
See an orthopod, for confirmation of the DX and treatment. Either surgery or cast treatment maybe needed. Good luck.

In brief: Have you had any in-

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine