What does the back pain associated with a gallstone feel like?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me help
Actually your gall bladder is on the right below your rib cage.
The pain can be felt in the center or to the right mainly where the gb is. However it may not be your gall bladder, but if it is, it can refer pain to the upper back usually between the shoulder blades. Good news is if it is the gall bladder and having that resolved will fix improve your back pain.Good luck thank you.

In brief: Let me help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Chen
Neurology
In brief: Intermittent sharp
Intermittent, sharp pain that starts suddenly in the center of the upper belly, sometimes spreading.
It is hard to get comfortable. Moving around does not make the pain go away. Breathing is difficult. Last minutes to sometimes hours. Often after meals.

In brief: Intermittent sharp
Dr. Michael Chen
Dr. Michael Chen
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery