What can you do at home to help lower back pain?

Let me help. Most low back pain can be treated without surgery. Treatment involves using analgesics, reducing inflammation, restoring proper function and strength to the back, and preventing recurrence of the injury. Most patients with back pain recover without residual functional loss. Patients should contact a doctor if there is not a noticeable reduction in pain and inflammation after 72 hours of self-care.
Roll on ball. There are special balls made for people with back pain. They are fairly soft, and measure about six inches in diameter. You can purchase one on amazon. Other ideas-yoga, pilates, aerobic exercise, motrin.