I already take 3700 iu of vitamin d, why does it keep showing up that I am deficient? My thyroid and kidneys are fine.

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Not enough D

It sounds like you are taking enough vitamin d to maintain healthy levels, but not enough to raise deficient levels into the healthy range.
You may need to take very high doses of vitamin d for 3 months or more to get your levels into a healthy range. Other possibilities might include poor absorption of fat and fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin d, or taking steroids. Work w/ your doc on this.

In brief: Not enough D

Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. William Forsythe