What can I do about my fibroids if I want a baby?

Dr. Michael Murray
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Surgery - maybe
When fibroids are located in the uterine cavity, they often cause abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, increase a woman’s risk of miscarriage and infertility.
Depending on the size and location of the fibroid(s) will determine what is your best option. Ideally, your surgeon or fertility specialist will perform an ultrasound himself/herself and discuss the best plan for your situation.

In brief: Surgery - maybe
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Sheila Goodman
In brief: Depends
If your fibroids are small and not into the uterine cavity, you don't need to do anything.
If they are large or indent the cavity, you amy want to have them removed. Many women can have completely normal pregnancies in spite of fibroids. Problems they can cause are miscarriage, pain, preterm labor and increased risk for cesarean due to breech or the head not being able to get into the pelvis.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Cindy Juster