Can I request a fetal echo? I am nervous. It's my first.

Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Fetal echo

Fetal echo is done usually by the 4th month.
Miscarriage usually occur before the third month, usually due to genetic anomaly. Natural selection would have occurred before the 4th mo. Down syndrome is not detectable by echo. If you are younger 40s, there is lower risk for down'. If your sibblings and your spouse's had good babies you should too!

In brief: Fetal echo

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Why?

If a competent maternal-fetal medicine specialist has evaluated your fetus and thinks that the heart is normal there is no compelling reason for a fetal echo by pediatric cardiology.
If you have specific risk factors and the mfm cannot clear the fetal heart then a fetal echo by peds cards is advisable, safe and accurate.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Sure

Talk 2 your OB & the nurse 4 reassurance.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham