I am so worried about having deformed children. Do I need therapy?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Depends how worried

If this worry stops you from having children (& you'd otherwise be ready) or interferes with your sleep or everyday life, then therapy may help you overcome it.
If the worry is more abstract and doesn't have any real-life consequences, then probably not.

In brief: Depends how worried

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Get counseling

Your age is listed as 50, so if you are contemplating pregnancy with your own eggs, you should seek out a genetic counselor & get more information.
I've seen Down syndrome risk as high as 1/20 at that age.There are also other family factors that you or dad may have in play. The info may push you to consider donor eggs & IVF. All moms worry about deformities, but knowledge gives you power.Good Luck

In brief: Get counseling