Is lipo safe in pregnancy?

Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: Are you nuts?

Your body is going to change a lot during and after pregnancy.
If you really have to have liposuction, wait until at least 6 months after the baby is born. I suppose liposuction could be performed during pregnancy, but there would be risk involved due to the anesthetics used. I doubt you could find a reputable surgeon willing to do it.

In brief: Are you nuts?

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: NO

It not safe for you or the baby.

In brief: NO

It not safe for you or the baby.
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: NO

Liposuction is contraindicated during pregnancy for a variety of reasons.
The most sensible being is that you are pregnant and lipo is an elective procedure that can be done whenever you are not pregnant. www.mountcastleplasticsurgery.com.

In brief: NO

Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Mark Johnson
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: NO!

Dr. Larsh provided an excellent answer. I do not think any reputable surgeon would consider it.

In brief: NO!

Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Mark Johnson
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: No

Lipo should never be performed during a pregnancy (no cosmetic procedures should be done on patients known to be pregnant).
That being said, if you had lipo done before you knew you were pregnant it's unlikely that it would cause any complications to the pregnancy. However depending on the medications used with the lipo you could have effects from those. www.OmahaCosmeticSurgery.com

In brief: No

Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Dr. Jonathan Jassey