My daughter tried to commit suicide. Was it my fault? Was she not emotionally strong enough?

Dr. Arthur Hoffman

In brief: Neither

As a psychiatrist, I am prescribing that you make sure your child makes it ti her app't.
That you will make with a child psychiatrist. Tomorrow morning. Oh, do make sure you mention your concern about this even possibly being your fault. This is serious and you care. Ok? Good.

In brief: Neither

Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Dr. Arthur Hoffman
Pathology

In brief: Doesn't matter

I'm a pathologist, not a psychiatrist.
Every suicide is the outcome of a series of mistakes that we would all do anything to reverse. Whose fault it is, whose weakness it is, doesn't matter. Look ahead. Get an accurate, cogent, non-magical, sensible understanding of how behaviors, expectations, brain chemistry, an unkind word, may all have come together -- and do what you can not to let it recur.

In brief: Doesn't matter

I'm a pathologist, not a psychiatrist.
Dr. Jane Van Dis