Are any of the new anticoags useful for factor v leiden and lupus anticoag. Antibody. On lovenox (enoxaparin) 100mg bid. Venous and arterial clotting and pes. ?

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Maybe

The newer medications to prevent blood clots are not approved for use in the us for your condition.
There is published research in europe showing that these medications can be used effectively for your type of problem. My personal bias is that you should wait until more research has been done. Your doctor can help advise you as to the status of this research as it evolves.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology