My yoga instructor is hardcore, insulting and gruff. I cannot relax around her. She is an expert but there are others. Switch?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Definitely

Yoga is really a way of living and being.
If one is mean & insulting then yoga is just a asana or position-not a way of being. Seek instructors who inspire or motivate you to do your best.

In brief: Definitely

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Exactly. Really spiritual people have a certain kindness and beauty in everything that they do.
Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow

In brief: SWTICH!

Yoga (and life for that matter) should be a wonderful experience even if it is challenging at times.
The instructor should embody the intent of the yoga itself. It sounds like she is not practicing yoga in its true spirit and you should find another instructor. Perhaps you can diplomatically call this to her attention as she may not realize that she is expressing her self so negatively.

In brief: SWTICH!

Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow
Dr. Jeremy E Kaslow
Dr. Adam Levy