Within the last couple months I started experiencing neck and lower back pain. Should I seek treat via pt or chiropracter?

See an MD . First see an MD experienced in back pain to ensure that this is musculoskeletal and not nerve or cardiac or ulcer or gallbladder etc. related. He/she may then refer you to a PT who can help with heat, stretching, massage , strengthening etc .
Listen to your body. First determine what you can. Look at your posture and see if your head is nicely balanced and that you have good core strength in your abdomen to support your back. Low vit d can cause musculoskeletal problems. A sedentary job can contribute to this problem. Take breaks to exercise. Emotional stress can cause muscle tension.