My joints are sore mainly my knee is really sore and hurts when i stretch it out.Dad has rheumatoid & osteoarthritis. Could I have this? Im 21.

Dr. Neal Birnbaum
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Maybe

At age 21, osteoarthitis is unlikely.
Because your father has ra, that might be a possibility in a 21 year old female. If you have morning stiffness, persistent soreness, and particularly if there is joint swelling, see a doctor. If there are still questions, consult a rheumatologsit.

In brief: Maybe

At age 21, osteoarthitis is unlikely.
Dr. Neal Birnbaum
Dr. Neal Birnbaum
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Possibly

Pain is one thing and pain and swelling are another. If there is joint swelling, the possibility of RA is much higher. See a rheumatologist for the answer.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Marsha Davis