How much is the probability that Zoloft (sertraline) help me if luvox didn't? Generally, how many ssris in average does every patient try to find the effective one?

Dr. Rhonda Simons

In brief: MTHFR genotyping

If you have had failures, a good start is genomind testing which let's you see if you metabolize drugs that go through the cyp2c19 ; cyp2d6 pathways too fast, too slow, or just right.
Also if you are + for an abnormal mthfr genotype, treatment with l-methylfolate, p5p, ; methyl cobalamin can help your antidepressant work better because you will be making your own serotonin, dopamine, ; nor-epi!

In brief: MTHFR genotyping

Dr. Rhonda Simons
Dr. Rhonda Simons
Dr. James Wells

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline) may help, but...

In my experience, depression of some people will respond well to a different ssri after failing to have an adequate response to the first 1 or 2; so zoloft may help better than luvox, especially since it tends to be more activating.
If it doesn't seem to be helping, however, then wellbutrin (bupropion) my be good alternative since different mode of action and often very effective for adhd. Low-dose abilify(2-5 mg each am) could also be helpful.

Dr. James Wells
Dr. James Wells