Can a 4 bulging disk in the neck cause shoulder, neck, and upper back pain on both sides? What could it be that didn't show on the MRI?

Yes. If you have 4 bulging discs in your neck they could cause all the symptoms you just described on both sides. If it was a c4 disc bulge that can also cause all the symptoms you just described. Lastly looking at your age, i would surprised to see a lot of pathology but it is possible. If this was related to a car accident, it could also be whiplash injury as well.
Not sure. Pain in the areas listed are common and difficuilt to pinpoint as to cause. Muscles, tendons, joints, disks have all been 'blamed' for such symptoms. Overuse, inflammation, trauma, stress can all be potential sources. If you are not improving with time, exercise, over the counter medication, see your primary doctor or a spinal doctor.