Am having surgery in 3 days, can I take penicillin for a tooth ache?

In brief: Toothaches

Toothaches may or may not be a result of an infection.
Antibiotics will help manage an infection, but not treat a tooth. Immediately contact your surgeon and dentist to determine how to proceed. Your problem should be managed and/or treated before the surgery. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the procedure.

In brief: Toothaches

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnold Malerman
I concur totally
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Surgery for ?

I'll assume the surgery is unrelated to the toothache.
You should do 2 things asap. First, discuss what you can and can't do with the doctor performing the surgery. Secondly, at least see a dentist right away to determine the cause of the toothache ; hopefully treat it before the surgery. Antibiotics are used to treat infections ; dental treatment might not require or respond to antibiotics!

In brief: Surgery for ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine