My child has gastroenteritis, my breastfeeding increases his diarrhea. Should I stop breastfeeding?

Dr. Rahil Malik

In brief: No

Breastfeeding is the best choice for your baby.
However, if it persists, you should speak to the pediatrician to see if any further work up may be necessary to rule out any metabolic disorders.

In brief: No

Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
Watch to.o to make sure he does not get dehydrated. Should have tears, saliva, and wet diapers.
Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice

In brief: No

He probably had a temporary lactose intolerance and your breast milk has lactose.
If you continue to feed him, his small intestine will be stimulated to grow back faster and handle the lactose in your breast.

In brief: No

Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Martin Fried
Dr. Peter Kurzweil