Should I refuse to work if I had a nervous breakdown on the job? Can I get disability?

Dr. Robert Marvit
In brief: Depends on context
Having a nervous breakdown is a non specific label and does not preclude employment.
To get disability your mental state must somwhow be connected to the capacity to meet the requirements of your work.

In brief: Depends on context
Dr. Robert Marvit
Dr. Robert Marvit
In brief: Nervous breakdown
The term nervous breakdown means different things to different people.
If a menatl health issue arose from a work related source, you should be evaluated by a mental health professional to see if returning to the job would be prudent. Disability determinations are also done by that type of professional, ie., a psychiatrist.

In brief: Nervous breakdown
Dr. Charles Meusburger
Dr. Charles Meusburger
Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: Need evaluatiiom
Associating work with the onset of your illness makes it tough to go back--disability may make recovery & return to work difficult as well--see a psychiatrist.
4 evaluation & recommendations.

In brief: Need evaluatiiom
4 evaluation & recommendations.
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Eric Weisman