Should I refuse treatment or not? I have terminal untreatable cancer. I want to spend my time with grandkids. Is that fair to all concerned?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: MakeInformedDecision

I am sorry about your diagnosis.
I advise you and a loved one to meet with your oncologist and primary care physician and share your goals. They will give you options that should include standard treatment as well as hospice referral if you do not want to try chemotherapy. The most important goal is to optimize and maximize your time in the manner that you choose to spend it.

In brief: MakeInformedDecision

I am sorry about your diagnosis.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Sure.

Your treatment is up to you.
You have that right as a patient. You might want to have some palliative therapy, like pain-killers, but the choice is yours.

In brief: Sure.

Your treatment is up to you.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Personal decision

Your decision to be treated or not is yours.
If it is untreatable, then there are really no decisions to be made. If there are treatments that can prolong your life, or improve your life, you should consider them. Ultimately, this decision is yours, and it is fair!

In brief: Personal decision

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Vicken Poochikian